Friday, December 9, 2011

The journey begins.

  Today is the beginning of my 200 hour yoga teacher training. I really am excited and nervous all at once. I guess what makes me most nervous is that I feel like it will take some time for me to "find my voice" and refine my speaking/instructing style. Although this is one of the main purposes of the course, my teacher has us practice teaching from the very first class onward. I believe I might feel a bit lost to begin with. I've never really had much of a fear of speaking in front of a group but for some reason, leading them through a practice seems different. I'll be spending the good part of the day recording myself teaching Sun A and B.
   This weekend will involve a lot of practice time as well. I need to be mindful not to overwork my left hip which was recently strained when an instructor adjusted me too deeply in a hip opener. Lessons to be learned there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment